Yep, that’s right, September 19th is International Talk like a pirate day! It’s really a thing! It’s not just us crazy Americans, who are always making up holidays, oh no, this is International, baby!
So don your eye patch, put on a plumed hat and try out your best accent. Not up to speed on pirate speak? No problem, go to settings on Facebook click languages and from the down arrow select English pirate. You can be posting and commenting on Facebook just like Jack Sparrow…If he had a computer!
In true Soshal Club Fashion, no holiday would be complete without a fabulous drink to share with your pirate friends! It’s a well known fact, that the best way to speak like a pirate, is to be slightly sloshed…
We even have a little joke you can try out on your friends! Ready?
Why kind of socks does a pirate wear??
Why they be Arrr- gyle!
This drink is perfect for fall, as the main mixer is apple cider! It is tasty both warm or cold. If choosing to serve it warm, heat only the cider, when it’s warm add the Ginger Beer, then add the booze. We wouldn’t want to lose our alcohol content! I was actually thinking of making up a batch on Halloween, to sip on while I give out the treats to the kiddies! I may even try out my best Pirate accent on them!
- 2- 11.5oz. Bottles Ginger Beer
- 24 oz. Apple Cider
- 12 oz. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 3 oz. Fireball Whiskey
- 1-2 apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Take your guest's keys and hide them.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and set aside. Wash apples and remove core. Slice into 1/4" slices.
- In a 2 quart pitcher, combine cider, Ginger Beer, Captain Morgans and the Fireball. Add the apple slices and stir.
- Fold a paper napkin into 4ths. Place on a small plate and add water until napkin is saturated.
- Wet the rim of your glass on the napkin then dip in cinnamon/sugar. Add Ice and fill with the Cannonball mixture.
- Drinking Solo? We won't tell.;
- 4 oz. Ginger Beer
- 4 oz. Apple Cider
- 2 shots Captain Morgan
- 1/2 shot Fireball