Food is always something that brings everyone together. I like to think that’s why we have people over every time we are cooking something good! There’s so much love within the family, it comes out in the tasty food. I love saying that family is forever and food made with love is always better (yes I just made that up bare with me here you’ll enjoy this). Unlike other Italian dishes, this is faster, and depending on how many you make, it can feed a pretty decent crowd of people! Feel free to have people over while making this dish, we feel good company and conversation make the food taste that much better.
- one pound of ground round
- 4 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 cups of water
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- one loaf of any kind of italian bread
- Start by putting the full loaf of bread in a large bowl along with pouring in all 4 cups of water. Begin to squeeze the bread and making sure it is damp but not soaked with water! Smash the bread until its all broken up, nothing but bits and pieces. Begin to mix the bread in with the meat until it becomes one. Crack all 4 eggs into the meat and bread and start sprinkling salt, pepper, chopped garlic, and parsley into the meat. Mush around with hands until it is all mixed in well! Now that your meatball is prepared, you will begin to grab an inch thick piece of meat and roll it into more of an oval shape. But before rolling the meat, poor olive oil into a sauce pan and begin to heat it up. Once oil is hot, set the oval shape meatballs onto the pan and let cook until gold and brown! Take off pan, let cool off and enjoy!
- -Make sure the bread is really broken down into the meat mixture so you do not have chunks of bread in your meatballs!
- -You can make the meatballs into any shape.
- -With adding in all the ingredients, we just usually eye ball it mostly, without adding too much of one ingredient to the other! Might be a helpful note or very confusing. Follow the recipe and make your own out of it! Its more fun that way!
These meatballs go great with any red sauces, mustard, or just plain by themselves! Put your own spin on them to make it more personal. Hope you and your family will enjoy this family loved treat. Try it for Sunday dinner or for any family party or friends get together, its always a beloved tasty snack, side dish, dinner, ect. Mangiare!