Looking for a new hairstyle this Holiday? You have come to the right place! I am obsessed with my career as a hairstylist and business owner of two hair extension lines called LOX Hair Extensions and LOX Studio. I write beauty blogs for them often, and also share hairstyle tutorials on their YouTube Channels. I thought this series would be perfect to share with the SOShalites of SOShal Club, to help you get through the holidays looking and feeling your best. I hope you enjoy!
Holiday’s are here, which means you have a million places to be, people to see, and no time for yourself. The last thing you want is to look like you feel in all those family photos and at holiday parties. Fake it till you make it my friends, that’s the spirit and we are making it easy for you to do just that. You are going to be “Haute for the Holidays” this year with the help of some help from a pro and my favorite hair accessory, LOX Hair Extensions. If you are blessed with amazing hair, ignore that part, and know that we all envy you! Ready to get your glam on? Check out this simple holiday hairstyle tutorial and CLICK HERE to see it in action.
This tutorial will show you how to create a silky, voluminous blow-out with body that will last for days.
To get started you’ll need to gather a few tools: A blow-dryer with a nozzle attachment, a LOX Loop Brush, four boar bristle brushes each about three to four inches in diameter, and your preferred styling products. At LOX, we love Kérastase professional products like Initialiste hair strengthener, Mousse Bouffante, Laque Couture, and dual acting heat protectant and leave in conditioner Therapiste. If you don’t apply hair products often, this might seem like a heavy load, but a light touch and proper application will leave your hair with a soft and natural feel. The right tools and and products will ensure that your hair looks like you just stepped out of the salon, when you really just hopped out of bed.
1. Apply your products and use your LOX Loop Brush to remove any tangles.
2. Starting in the fringe or bang are, use your LOX Loop Brush on this section to direct the hair from side to side while moving the blow dryer back and forth to follow the path of your brush. Drying the roots of your hair in this manner will help to train the hair to fall into a specific part, or will help to alleviate any cowlicks in this area. Once the roots are dry, use a round brush to polish the ends of your hair. For a side part, use the round brush to roll ends under; for a middle part, role the ends of your hair over and out.
3. Now move to the back of the head, leave a two inch section out in the nape area and clip everything else up and away. Divide the section down the middle, and start with one side. Place your round brush underneath the hair and rotate to the top of this section. Simultaneously move both the brush and blow-dryer from the roots to the ends of the hair. A great trick is to turn the nozzle horizontally while you place the nozzle at the bottom of the round brush. This will help to hold the hair in place, and smooth down flyaways. After the section is dry roll the round brush out to the ends, and down to the base of the hair. Leave the brush in place to allow time to cool and set the style and volume. Mist it with Laque Couture to secure the shape and add shine.
4. Continue this technique throughout the rest of the hair alternating between four round brushes. You may also use clips or pins to hold the hair in place. The more you over direct the hair up on the top of the head, the more volume you will add to your style.
5. After you’ve removed all of your round brushes, mist your entire head with Laque Couture, and work your fingers through your crown and lengths of hair to smooth it out and loosen the style.
6. Next you will apply our 5 Piece Clip-In Hair Extension. If you are wearing our LOX Professional Hair Extensions, you can skip that step. Last, fine tune the style using a large barrel curling iron. Click Here For Video
Arms feel a little sore? That’s the sign of a gorgeous blow-out! The more often you try it, the quicker and more efficiently you’ll master this classic style. A good blow-out will last even the finest of hair multiple days, and if you follow our series, you’ll be sure to get the most out of your hairstyle the whole week through.