Looking for a fun, easy dish to bring to your next holiday gathering? Maybe a twist on the normal dips and spreads you have served on the last round of get-togethers? Honey baked brie apples are one of my favorite appetizers to bring because it always seems to be a favorite among party goers.
- 6 large honey crisp apples
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 pack of cranberries
- 1 pack of brie
- 1 loaf of bread or 1 pack of crackers
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- rosemary to garnis
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the core from each apple. In a baking dish combine water, cranberries and cinnamon and stir it around. Add the apples and drizzle them with the honey. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Take the apples out of the oven and stuff the core about 3/4 of the way full with brie. Bake uncovered 15 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Serve as a spread on bread or crackers of your liking. Thinly cut sourdough is my favorite!
Add brown sugar to sweeten the dish a bit, or salt and pepper to make it a bit more savory. If you try this appetizer this holiday season, please share your photos and what you served with the spread. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Sending our warmest holiday wishes to all of you SOShalites, may the season bring you joy, happiness and a full tummy!